One cannot deny that having a sharp, defined jawline is an ideal face shape for most. As they age, studies show that Asian women are genetically prone to have more "fat pockets" on their faces, making them looking puffy and heavy. While for some, the change may be barely noticeable, the fact is, skin loses its elasticity as the years go by. Enter Clarins.
Since it was first introduced in 1998, the V Shaping Facial Lift (VSFL)—favored by both women and men—has consistently helped consumers achieve a more defined look.
This fifth generation serum by the French beauty brand continues to address concerns about facial contouring. This year, Clarins pushes the envelope as it takes on gravity for its new and updated formula.
According to Marie-Helene Lair, Clarins' scientific communication director, "The most effective way to fight back against gravity is by maintaining the skin's supportive network. It is this fibrous system that helps skin retain its lifted appearance through visible contours." She adds, "With the new V Shaping Facial Lift, it is like wearing a corset on the face, that immediate tightening effect instantly lifts and contours the face."
The Power of the Agropyron
After three painstaking years of research and development, Clarins introduces agropyron. This unique plant extract is perfectly suited to helping skin contours resist gravity.
Agropyron is known for its role in fighting soil erosion. Its extensive underground network not only can stabilize and support the different levels of soil, it can keep everything in place on dunes and hillsides.
So imagine all that power—but for your skin. Instantly.
Apart from it giving you an instant skin lifting, this gravity-defying start ingredient reduces fatty tissues and puffiness while improving skin's radiance, together with other ingredients such as organic oat sugars, guarana, zurumbet ginger, and horse chestnut escin. The new VSFL is likewise infused with two types of hyaluronic acid, resulting to a dramatic improvement of your skin's ability to restore and maintain intense hydration.
The result is a lifted and visibly tighter-looking skin and a slimmer V-shaped face that is natural and unique to you.
"It is like wearing a corset on the face, that immediate tightening effect instantly lifts and contours the face."
The Human Touch
While machines are definitely good for certain things, nothing can beat the warmth and feel of a pair of hands.
In order to maximize the serum's efficacy, Lair suggests we apply the auto-lifting massage method.
Clarins' auto-lifting manual method helps drain excess fluid, de-puff, and define—optimizing the performance of the ingredients with a lifting effect you can see immediately:
- Apply a thin layer of serum all over your face.
- Support the full weight of your head with the palms of your hands, which provides the ideal pressure necessary for draining tissues without pulling.
- Eyes and forehead: Place base of palms over eyes and eye contours, covering the forehead with your fingers. Rest head in hands for 10 seconds.
- Cheekbones: Open hands slightly and place palms over cheekbones. Press and release three times. 10 seconds.
- Face: Cover entire face with your hands, separating them a little to leave room for your nose. 10 seconds.
- Chin and jaw: Rest the lower part of your face in your hands, placing index fingers behind ears. Rest head in hands for 10 seconds.
- Under the jaw: Clench fists and place under your jaw. Let the weight of your head rest on your fists. 10 seconds.
- Collarbone: Place fingertips in the hollows of the collarbones and gently exert pressure. Press and release three times. Perform before and after the method.
- Follow with your Clarins Day and/or Night Cream.