You don’t need a special occasion to create sumptuous wine and food pairings, but how do you craft the perfect match when there are seriously a million delicious options?
Relax. We’ve found super simple tips to help you maximize your enjoyment, whether you’re hosting a backyard barbeque, a cozy dinner for two or a holiday feast. Check out these go-to wine pairings courtesy of some of the people who know them best: Food and Wine magazine.
- Go for Grüner Veltliner when a dish has plenty of fresh herbs.
- Have Zinfandel with pâtés, terrines and mousses.
- Pick Pinot Noir when the meal has lots of earthy flavors.
- Opt for an off-dry Riesling with sweet and spicy dishes.
- Choose Cabernet Sauvignon with bold red meats.
- Rely on Chardonnay for a fish in rich sauce or fattier fishes like salmon and Arctic char.
- Pair Pinot Grigio with light fishes such as Pacific cod or branzino.
- Seek a Syrah to balance highly spiced meals.
- Opt for a Malbec with sweet-spicy barbecue sauce.
- Pop any Champagne with salty dishes.
- Grab Rosé with rich or cheesy foods.
- Serve Sauvignon Blanc with tart dressings and sauces.
- Try Tuscan wines with Tuscan fare.
- Select a Rosé Champagne with most any dinner.
- Make it a Moscato d’Asti with fruity desserts.
If you want to take it a step further, show off your wine and food pairing prowess by adding just the right finishing touches for a spectacular meal. Choose our exquisite serveware and stemware for the ultimate tablescape. Your cuisine will shout “five-star” and your guests will be blown away by our not-so-humble Crescendo Chip-N-Dip with 2 Bowls, our chic Insieme Cheese Platter with Dome, our ample Michelangelo Serving Bowl, our festive Michelangelo Footed Cake Plate with Dome and the rest of our beautiful pieces.
Now that you know the perfect matches for every moment, go ahead and cook up an amazing meal!